Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Anat Aderet

Yellow Badge poemPicture is courtesy of Anat Aderet who published this poem on her blog in the shape of a Magen David. Here is my translation:
I am a descendent of a Jewish family who lived in the Diaspora. Both my grandmothers were exterminated in the Holocaust. My daughter asks: "mother, have you been born in the destruction of the second Temple or in the Holocaust". “No”, I answer her. “ I was born in Israel and I am a Jewess, and I am an Israeli and I am a link in a chain, and I am the continuation, the next generation, and it is a mission, after 2000 years of Diaspora, and what really matters is that after all I am here, somehow".

The frame is my addition and it was made in Photoshop. I introduced the yellow color in order to hint at the Yellow Badge.

No comments: