Tuesday, December 19, 2006

An Emblem For All Peoples

Picture of Magen David among other religion's symbols  is courtesy of Eyal who has a cute Jewish Layout website

For each religion there is an emblem and when one wants to exhibit several such emblems on one picture what unites them is the picture, but actually, when you think about it deeply, the Star of David includes all these different emblems since it serves in the present Jews, Buddhists in India and in Nepal, and many cults and in the past it was also in the extensive use of Moslems and Christians. There is no other emblem that fits so much Isaiah’s vision in chapter 56:6-7

And the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD, ministering to him, Loving the name of the LORD, and becoming his servants-- All who keep the sabbath free from profanation and hold to my covenant,

Them I will bring to my holy mountain and make joyful in my house of prayer; Their holocausts and sacrifices will be acceptable on my altar, For my house shall be called A House Of Prayer For All Peoples.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this.